Who doesn’t go out to lunch or dinner and get a ton of leftovers that you end up throwing out? Fries are the WORST. They get soggy, limp and tasteless- we usually just ask them not be boxed up with leftovers. NEVER AGAIN!
I found a super easy and delicious way to turn leftover fries into crispy truffle and garlic fries! They are so good, you’ll never toss them again !
- Leftover Fries
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1tbsp truffle oil
- Olive, coconut or peanut oil
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over top
- Heat a cast iron or heavy pan until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add olive oil to pan, and saute onion until caramelized.
- Toss in diced garlic and truffle oil, stir.
- Turn heat back to high.
- Toss in fries and stir frequently- don't let fries burn.
- Once fries get a nice crispy brown color, remove from pan and sprinkle with oregano.
- Serve immediately and top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
The fries I used for this were from Freddie’s Steakburgers- it should work with any fries, but the thin shoestring like fries are divine this way. If you have fatter steak fries, you might want to re-fry them separately in oil and then quickly toss them in with onions and garlic so they have a little more time to get crunchy without burning your truffle oil or garlic.