Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation or product for participating in the Springtime Progressive Dinner Party. I love these brands and wanted to reward my readers with an amazing giveaway! Land O Lakes®, Le Creuset, and Dreamfarm all provided the prizes for the giveaway. As always all opinions are my own.
Welcome to our little progressive dinner party!
What is a progressive dinner party, you ask? It’s where you go from house to house for a meal with friends and neighbors and get to experience fun new ideas and flavors.
A few of my best blogging buddies and I got together to throw our own little progressive dinner party, and I am excited to be your guide to all things fruity and fabulous today with the Tastiest and Easiest White Sangria & Virgin Sangria… ever!! Pull up a glass, pour the goods, and sip away my friends- because this recipe is bound to become one of your new favorites.
The thing I love most about this drink is that you can completely adapt it to what you have on hand. Have some leftover sodas or juices? Toss ‘em in! Have some fruit you need to get rid of? Toss it in! Want to change it up and try a different flavor? No problem- just check out the recipe below. I’ve outlined a bunch of flavors to get you going!
Also, I’m making a white sangria. If you’d like a red Sangria, swap the white wine or apple/white grape juice for Red wine and dark grape juice. Easy peasy!
I also made some notes for you to adapt your own mix as you’d like- maybe a little less alcoholic, less sweet, more sweet, with an herb-y kick- whatever!
This is a fabulously easy drink that you can throw together in just a few minutes and chill ahead of your dinner party- and both the alcoholic and virgin versions are very affordable, fresh, and refreshing!
- For both full-strength and virgin recipes, you'll need:
- -citrus of some kind (oranges, lemons, limes), sliced into rounds with peels ON and seeds popped out
- -berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- -apples, peaches, grapes, cherries (pitted) or other fruit on hand sliced thin, peel on
- For the full strength Sangria, you'll need:
- -1 bottle moscato, white table wine, or white zin
- -1 bottle sparkling white wine (or ginger ale, tonic if you'd like the less-alcoholic version)
- -3 oz peach schnapps
- For the Virgin Sangria you'll need:
- -1 bottle Sprite/7up/sierra mist (for the most sweet), Ginger ale, sparkling cider, or soda water (for something less sweet)
- -1 bottle apple juice or white grape juice
- Optional for either:
- Mint, basil, or rosemary for a little kick; muddled
- Thoroughly wash all fruit and slice thin. Leave peels on for color and their delicious flavor!
- Pour in wine or juice and stir. Slowly pour in sparkling drink (champagne, soda or cider), peach schnapps (for the adult version), and any additional herbs you'd like to add.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!!
Warning: The adult Sangria contains two bottles of wine and some liquor. This is NOT a recipe to sip and then drive- it is STRONG!! Please ask a friend to be your designated driver when consuming this drink. Even one is probably too much to risk it.
Want another tip to an easy, stress-free dinner? Check out Land O Lakes® Butter Half Sticks . They have the same delicious buttery taste, but you don’t have to mess with softening and then re-refrigerating the rest of the stick you don’t use.
For more delicious dinner ideas, please check out the other courses from my lovely friends! You’ll find several appetizers, desserts, salads, a yummy main and even a tablescape!
There are so many delicious, pinnable ideas there- be sure to share them with your friends!
Ok… now onto the part you’re waiting anxiously for- the GIVEAWAY!!!
Please give the rafflecopter a moment to load and be sure to do all mandatory entries as they will be confirmed.
One lucky winner will receive all of these prizes! A prize package valued at $650!
Land O Lakes:
One half stick butter dish
One serving bowl
One set measuring spoons
Four dinner plates
One Product Coupon
The FABULOUS 5 Piece Cast Iron Set